Brainspotting Phase 2
September 22, 2023 - September 24, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This Brainspotting Phase 2 training will begin with an extensive review of Outside/Inside Window with an emphasis on how to clinically interact with clients during Brainspotting. We will then learn refinements of the process including how and when to titrate activation up or down.
Trainees will be introduced to several important new 3 Dimensional Brainspotting concepts using the “Z-Axis” of Brainspotting close and far and Vergence Therapy which expands the Z-Axis to activate the vagus nerve through the ocularcardiac reflex.
Additional technical refinements will be presented including “Rolling Brainspotting,” with slow eye tracking stopping briefly on each Brainspot along with “One eye” brainspotting technique.
For those working with more complex clientele, this training offers a number of useful skills for working more vulnerable system. Advanced resource model of brainspotting along with other ways to work with a more resourced Brainspotting approach.
Must have completed BSP Phase 1 to attend.
- Define the components of Brainspotting
- Demonstrate and utilize the core components of Brainspotting:
- Rolling Brainspotting
- Inside Window/Outside Window
- One eye Brainspotting
- One eye with Z-Axis Brainspotting
- Expand how Brainspotting can be applied to:
- Somatic Conditions
- Broad range of Psychological Conditions
- Explain and expand understanding of the theory and core concepts of Brainspotting including:
- Where you look affects how you feel
- Dual Attunement frame
- Uncertainty principle
- Staying in the “Tail of the Comet”
- Continue to discuss and expand understanding of limbic countertransference
- Summarize the research that supports the hypothezied way in which eye positions activate midbrain activity
- Discuss effective ways to apply Brainspotting in various practice settings along with various populations
- Increase assessment with using Brainspotting with more complex clients and cases
- Expand understanding of brain process to include the role of the allocortex and isocortex
- Provide a diverse, supportive and collaborative learning environment
If R. Cassidy Seminars is not an approved sponsor of continuing education in the state in which you are
licensed, please click here to find out if it is possible to receive credit for continuing education from an
approved sponsor of another state licensing board
R. Cassidy CE Registration (CEs need to be purchased to from RCassidy to receive them for the training)
Location of Training:
Carondelet Center (located in St. Catherine University)
1890 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
If you have had Covid symptoms or tested positive for Covid in preparation for the training or during the training please let Jeff Ryan or Steve Sawyer know immediately.
Agenda: CST Time Zone
Day One –
9:00-9:30 Course Overview
9:30-10:30 Brainspotting Review from Phase 1
10:45-11:30 PPT of Phase 2
11:30-12:45 Demo Inside/Outside Window with Debrief
1:45-3:15 Rolling Brainspotting PPT and Demo with Debrief
3:30-5:00 Practicum: Rolling and Inside/Outside Window (one each)
5:00-6:00 Debrief Practicums
9:00-9:15 Day one Recap
9:15-10:45 One Eye PPT and Demo with Debrief
11:00-12:45 Practicum: One Eye
12:45 -1:45 Lunch
1:45-2:15 Debrief Practicum
2:15-3:45 Z Axis and Vergence PPT and Demo with Debrief
4:00-5:30 Practicum: Z Axis and Vergence
9:00-9:30 Saturday Recap, Debrief Z Axis and Vergence Practicum
9:30-11:00 Advanced Resource Model PPT and Demo with Debrief
11:15-12:45 Practicum: Advanced Resource Model
1:45-2:15 Debrief Practicum
2:15-3:45 Small Group Break Out for Q&A
4:00-6:00 Large Group Q&A with Final Recap
Brainspotting Trainers Info:
Jeff Ryan LPC,CSAC is a Brainspotting (BSP) consultant and trainer from Wisconsin. He is the owner of Advanced Counseling and Consulting Services in Neenah, WI where he provides direct clinical services and consultation. Along with doing Phase 1 and 2 BSP trainings, he has created an advanced BSP training for working with addictions and the Resource Model of Brainspotting.
Steve Sawyer LCSW,CSAC is a highly expereinced clinician and trainer with a wide span of experience in settings spanning Outpatient, Residential, School and Wilderness therapeutic rhealms. He is the Chief Clinical trainer for Calo Programs group of ten residential treatment settings. He has completed all phase of Brainspotting and is experienced in completing Phase 1 and 2 trainings.
Refunds for registration will be honored up to 30 days prior to the training. Please contact Jeff Ryan to discuss any refunds or challenges with attending at firstname.lastname@example.org.